Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What time limit is needed for Apple maps to redirect my route based on traffic

Typically Apple Maps on my Iphone 10 has been good at redirecting around traffic. Since I can't display Waze on my car via Car Play, I plug my Iphone in and use the Apple maps app.

This morning on my drive to work, I noticed it was routing me in a way which was through some seriously heavy traffic. Typically it would not. I restarted and selected "more options" but the app insisted this was the best route.

User uploaded file

It said 56 minutes for a 23 mile drive. I decided to get off the road and drive a route I knew would be faster.

As such, I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the time the map would have sent me.

Here it is shortly after I took a detour, showing an 8:38 arrival vs. the original 8:50 arrival. I ended up arriving at 8:28.

User uploaded file

Is there a threshold over which maps will re-route me? I thought it would find the best route by default?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:35 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

What time limit is needed for Apple maps to redirect my route based on traffic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.