Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: What is a passcode?

I have the ID but ask me for a passcode?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

For security > Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Posted on

Feb 28, 2018 5:12 PM in response to marcosfromnashville In response to marcosfromnashville

Nothing wrong with the device, probably. Did you purchase the iPad from the Apple Store, or was it used? Try reading the user's guide to get started with your new device. https://help.apple.com/ipad/11/

Feb 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 28, 2018 5:17 PM in response to marcosfromnashville In response to marcosfromnashville

That's definitely not the wisest solution. I understand that you're upset, but why don't you use that trip to see the Genius Bar and see if you can get a solution for your issue? Genius Bar reservations can be set up here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Sometimes they accept walk-ins.

Feb 28, 2018 5:17 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 28, 2018 5:41 PM in response to marcosfromnashville In response to marcosfromnashville

Well, it asks you for your passcode because you haven't created Touch ID and it needs to verify that you're the one purchasing the app! 🙂 Just go to Preferences>Touch ID and Passcode and enter in your fingerprint. Then enable 'iTunes and App Store' under that same menu and you'll only (hopefully) have to enter in your passcode once more, after which you can just hit your fingerprint. 😉

Feb 28, 2018 5:41 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: marcosfromnashville

Question: What is a passcode?