Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my music keep pausing itself?

I’ll be listening to music on my iPhone 8 and it keeps pausing itself at random. I’m not using earbuds and I have restarted the phone a couple of times to try to solve this. It’s happening with downloaded music and with music that isn’t downloaded when I’m using wifi, so I don’t think it’s a cell service issue. It’s really annoying when it just pauses at random.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:08 AM

Hi Mandy,

I have the same issue on any media I'm playing, when my internet connection gets erratic or there's heavy traffic on the network. Often times, I don't realize the internet issue on my phone, but I've now become accustomed to certain areas, times of day, etc as to when it is particularly acting up.

My Mac will show me but only if I click on the Wi-Fi signal itself. It goes from "Wi-Fi on, then searching for networks and repeats"

My ISP just tells me to wait. I usually reset my router or choose,a different network however, to help with any lags or pausing issues ~

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 1:08 AM in response to mandy562

Hi Mandy,

I have the same issue on any media I'm playing, when my internet connection gets erratic or there's heavy traffic on the network. Often times, I don't realize the internet issue on my phone, but I've now become accustomed to certain areas, times of day, etc as to when it is particularly acting up.

My Mac will show me but only if I click on the Wi-Fi signal itself. It goes from "Wi-Fi on, then searching for networks and repeats"

My ISP just tells me to wait. I usually reset my router or choose,a different network however, to help with any lags or pausing issues ~

Why does my music keep pausing itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.