Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Can't Send but other Programmes Can

This's not my first question. Starting from late last year, early this year, I found that, under the same system, i.e. 2017 iMac 27' 5k running the latest High Sierra macosx, I could not send out email successfully with Apple Mail, but found it succeeded with other Mail application, e.g. MS Outlook or Firefox Mail, etc.. I have verified with Mail preference, connection doctor, the said mail smtp server was connected, but just simply nobody can receive my email. Any body has an idea to solve it? Thanks in advance.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 32MB RAM, i7

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:41 PM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:01 PM in response to Samyee

An example for gmail account see this article An email I sent was delayed or didn't arrive - Gmail Help

Try to send mail from web server and if apple mail application is corrupted or you have done incorrect settings or application is corrupted delete the mail account from system preferences > internet accounts and add it once again see this Set up Mail on your Mac with email accounts - Apple Support

Some times a new user account How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support is created just to verify that is the issue is due to the first user account and then apple mail application is configured .

Feb 28, 2018 9:50 PM in response to tygb

Have tried:

1. Remove the account from Apple Mail, and add the mail account again after resetting the system; or

2. Create another mail account under my mail host server, and add another new mail account under Apple Mail.

I found both methods but ALL failed. These methods worked absolutely fine using other Mail programme. Even the technical support from my mail server advised not to use Apple Mail any more. I am more than happy to see if there's any means I can use so that I do not have to change mail application.

Apple Mail Can't Send but other Programmes Can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.