Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone now getting warm and battery fading?

Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed my iPhone 7 feeling very warm to the touch while in use and the battery life draining quickly. Now I can't even use it while plugged into power without the power slowly draining where before it would slowly charge the device. I often use it as a GPS and where before it would stay charged (plugged into the car), now it quickly starts to lose power. I check battery usage and force quit any apps I am not using. Am I the only one? What happened?! Running the latest iOS but this was happening a few weeks before the recent upgrade.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:14 PM in response to Tomcathead

Hey Tomcathead,

If I understand correctly, you have an iPhone 7 and the battery is draining very quickly and still drains even while connected to power. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. It sounds like this may be an issue with the battery itself. I would recommend you read this article, if it is a battery issue, this may be able to help.

iPhone Battery & Power

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Why is my iPhone now getting warm and battery fading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.