Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 over heating

Good day, i bought a iPhone 13 last year june everything still works fine but it overheats very fast even when im not using it i think there’s a defect somewhere and the battery drains very fast when its hot. My battery capacity is still at 100% . What can i do to fix it, i still have my warranty can apple fix it for me?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 1:32 PM

Thanks for getting back to us with those details Nikita_111. Do you notice feeling the warmth on the back or front of your iPhone and from any particular area? If you use a case, we'd recommend removing it to test and see if the same issue occurs.

If it persists, the next step would be to get in touch with our support teams directly. They'll be able to work through additional steps with you to see what might be going on. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find our phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 1:32 PM in response to Nikita_111

Thanks for getting back to us with those details Nikita_111. Do you notice feeling the warmth on the back or front of your iPhone and from any particular area? If you use a case, we'd recommend removing it to test and see if the same issue occurs.

If it persists, the next step would be to get in touch with our support teams directly. They'll be able to work through additional steps with you to see what might be going on. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find our phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

Dec 30, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Nikita_111

Hi Nikita_111,

To clarify, when you say your iPhone overheats, does it show a warning it has gotten too hot and needs to cool down?

If so, when specifically does. this most happen? For example, while charging? Or playing a game? There's a few things that can cause the iPhone to warm up and would be expected behavior from the device.

"Your device might get warm

You might notice that your device feels warmer when you:

• Set up your device the first time
  • Restore from a backup
  • Wirelessly charge your device
  • Use graphics-intensive or processor-intensive apps, games, or features, including augmented-reality apps
  • Stream high-quality video

These conditions are normal, and your device will return to a regular temperature when the process is complete or when you finish your activity. If your device doesn't display a temperature warning, you can keep using your device."

You can see more info about how your iPhone regulates temperature here:

Cheers!

Dec 31, 2022 8:05 PM in response to Nikita_111

Nikita_111 Said:

"iPhone 13 over heating: Good day, i bought a iPhone 13 last year june everything still works fine but it overheats very fast even when im not using it i think there’s a defect somewhere and the battery drains very fast when its hot. My battery capacity is still at 100% . What can i do to fix it, i still have my warranty can apple fix it for me?"

-------

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

There are likely too many processes taking place. So, power off the phone, to let it cool, and then try clearing space.

Try the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Many services may be swollen up here. So, try clearing some space.

SEE MY Two User Tips:

Dec 31, 2022 7:51 PM in response to DerekM87

And it only get hot from the charging point and the battery the top of the phone stays cool so i think my battery has a defect because it heats up fast and it heats the phone and it drains really really fast and my right now its draining my battery capacity, and im

using a genuine iphone charger that came with this phone,

is there a way you can fix all this or run a diagnostics on my phone online? To find the problem or can i take it to istore i still have my warranty will they fix it for me ?

iPhone 13 over heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.