Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me remove the Holi holiday.

For some reason, the holi holiday is included on my US Holidays calendar. It is not a US holiday and I do not want the space taken up on my calendar. How do I remove it?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:20 AM

I agree, it is NOT a US holiday so why is it on the US calendar? I do not want it on my calendar and I shouldn't have to disable ALL US holidays. I really hope moderators are noticing the numerous threads complaining about this clearly asinine decision by Apple.

36 replies

Mar 2, 2018 4:59 AM in response to PLwebdev

PLwebdev wrote:

I agree, it is NOT a US holiday so why is it on the US calendar?

Neither is Easter, but intolerant X-tians decided to put up a stink when it wasn't present on the US holiday calendar. Apple did the only reasonable thing by including holidays for all of the major religions practiced in the US. If you don't like it, then unsubscribe from the calendar and subscribe to one that complains the holidays you want to see instead.

Mar 2, 2018 9:49 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

The only thing I've really found Atheists to be intolerant of is people trying to force their values and belief systems on others.

I see, So for instance Atheists are immune from people eating with their mouths full? Or bad drivers? Or bad singing? Or that what they think is more reasoned? Atheists are just as intolerant as anyone else. They just have different motives.

Mar 10, 2018 5:17 AM in response to KiltedTim

Easter is most certainly a US holiday; it is the 4th most commonly celebrated holiday in the US (behind Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Mother's Day). Good Friday is a federal holiday observed in twelve states with government offices closed and generally with paid time off.

The holi holiday may well be observed by the resident Hindus of the United States, but it is decidedly not an official US holiday nor even one popularly celebrated in the states. In 2017, American Hindus accounted for an estimated 1.0% of the total US population, representing roughly one million people.

Religious holiday observations and populations notwithstanding, I do not wish to disable ALL holidays on my calendar app. I selected 'US holidays', not US religious holidays (for which there is no option anyway).

I was simply asking if anyone knew how to disable non-US holidays selectively without, obviously, disabling the entire app feature.

I gather the consensus is that it cannot be done for there is no way to 'unsubscribe from the calendar and subscribe to the one that contains [sic] the holidays' I wish to see instead.

Thanks for all your help.

Please help me remove the Holi holiday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.