Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t set up Hey Siri on iPhone 8 plus

i am trying to set up hey Siri on my iphone 8 Plus but it gives me an error of Siri didn’t quite get that. Try again. However, it works fine if I press the home button to access Siri. Please help. User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2018 12:46 PM in response to Medhac

Hello Medhac,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help setting up "Hey Siri". Please try the troubleshooting provided in this help article: Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

There are a couple of sections to check, starting with if Siri doesn't understand, and then a section specific to "Hey Siri". Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 1, 2018 9:24 PM in response to Eric--F

Thank you for your response. However, the problem appears to be in the microphone or sound chip because on a call, I cannot hear the voice clearly from the other side, however, while on speaker, it’s no problem. It is a new phone, only two days old and this appears to be a device defect. Is that an issue I must take up with apple service or with the retailer from whom I purchased the device?

Can’t set up Hey Siri on iPhone 8 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.