Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store downloads go to wrong folder

Hi

I've recently added a Synology NAS to my home network and have setup iTunes to use a volume on the NAS as the iTunes media location (Preferences->Advanced).

However, downloads from the iTunes store are still going to the old folder in ~/Music

Any idea how I can fix this?

MacBook Pro (2016), 10.13.2, iTunes 12.7.3.46

Thanks!

James

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:21 AM

If the NAS isn't visible on the network when iTunes starts up it will silently reset the media folder to iTunes Media in the same folder where the active .itl file is. See Make a split library portable for some general background on library layout. iTunes is not guaranteed to play nicely with NAS. I would recommend you store your library on a locally connected external drive in the portable shape and use the NAS for a cloned backup.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 4:21 AM in response to James Knight3

If the NAS isn't visible on the network when iTunes starts up it will silently reset the media folder to iTunes Media in the same folder where the active .itl file is. See Make a split library portable for some general background on library layout. iTunes is not guaranteed to play nicely with NAS. I would recommend you store your library on a locally connected external drive in the portable shape and use the NAS for a cloned backup.

tt2

iTunes store downloads go to wrong folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.