Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music keeps asking me to try free trail even though I have a subscription!

I have an iPad and Mac on which I'm trying to use Apple Music.

I am part of an iCloud family in which my dad bought the family music subscription. I checked, and music sharing is turned on for me. Still no matter what I do, on the iPad, it keeps asking me to try the free trial. Even on my mac, I get the same message.

For my brother though, it works on his iPhone and his mac account and he is in the same family.

Is this because of some age restriction as I'm 12 and he is 17? Or is it just a problem with my account?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:27 PM

Hello shrishd,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have not been able to join your family's Apple Music subscription. The following article has steps to help resolve issues with not being able to access your family's Apple Music subscription:

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 2:27 PM in response to shrishd

Hello shrishd,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have not been able to join your family's Apple Music subscription. The following article has steps to help resolve issues with not being able to access your family's Apple Music subscription:

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Mar 2, 2018 12:31 AM in response to shrishd

Hi shrishd,

That could be a possibility, especially if the Ask to Buy feature is on.

I'd ask your dad.

Here's more info on the topic:

Make sure that an app is shareable

To see if you can share an app, go to its product page in the App Store and scroll down to Information. Then see if it says Yes or No in the Family Sharing section.

Some apps may not be enabled for Family Sharing. If you’ve acquired one of these apps, you can see it in your purchase history, but your family members won't be able to see or redownload it.

See if the purchase is hidden

If a family member has hidden one of their items, no one in their family can see it. Your family member can unhide those items if they want to.

Make sure your device meets the system requirements

To access your family's shared content, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 8 or later, or a Mac using OS X Yosemite or later. If you're using an older device, you won’t see your family’s shared content. If you're using an Apple TV, you can see shared movies and TV shows only.

iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group. See the system requirements for Family Sharing.

User uploaded file

Learn more

Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes. If your family has purchase sharing turned on, music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Not all content is eligible to be shared. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

Published Date: Oct 20, 2017

Apple music keeps asking me to try free trail even though I have a subscription!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.