Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone does not broadcast ssid.

I have used my iPhone for over a year tethering internet to my laptop and iPad.

Just did the latest update to Mac OS Sierra on my MacBook and iPhone and it does not broadcast nor can I manually connect to my iPhone any more. I travel and rely on my Cellphone data for internet connection. This send me back to Samsung which is a horrible option.

Apple Products-OTHER

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 5:50 PM in response to alarmingfriend

Hello alarmingfriend,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help connecting your Mac to the internet using your iPhone. I am happy to offer assistance with this.

Please verify everything is set up properly as shown in this help article: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad

You may need to use the USB method first to get the trust settings approved. The article states:

USB

Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC. Then connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with the USB cable that came with your device. If you see an alert that says tap "Trust This Computer?" tap Trust.

Learn more about connecting a device to your iPhone or iPad's Personal Hotspot.

If you still have issues, please check the troubleshooting provided in this help article: Get help with Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iPhone does not broadcast ssid.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.