Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac O/s installed on wrong partition

I recently installed a new SSD into my Late 2012 Mac Mini. I partitioned it into two partitions, Drive0 is Mac O/S and Drive1 is Bootcamp, since I will be installing Windows 7/64 on it.

In order to be able to partition the drive in a 750/250G proportion, I had to install O/S 10.8.5, which I think is Yosemite...not sure. FYI High Sierra has a bug. It will not partition the 1TB drive into 750/250GB. But this is another issue for another forum.

My problem is that somehow the mac O/S 10.8.5 got installed on the Bootcamp, Drive1. Drive0 shows being unmounted. I suspect in order to correct this problem, I must start all over. But I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks,

Oldedude

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:00 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mac O/s installed on wrong partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.