Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail clients on MBP and iOS Slow to Sync with Google G Suite

Our company runs on Google G Suite applications. And email is a big part of our operation.

Within the last few months, syncing email from our MacBook Pro using Apple Mail and our iOS devices using Apple Mail app continues to be problematic.

What does this mean?

Mail takes minutes to hours to synch with email clients on macOS High Sierra (10.13.3) and iOS (11.2.5).

And when we force a sync, the header downloads, but the body (content) of the email takes minutes to download.

I have read all the threads and tried many suggestions, but nothing as worked.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Apple Mail issue

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:45 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2018 9:52 AM in response to rainfantino

I'm having a similar issue, where I have logged into my G Suite account using MacMail on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra; I'm able to delete emails and that will replicate to the G Suite web server, but if I try to move messages out of my inbox on Mac Mail (single or multiple) to established folders, it doesn't move them out of my inbox on the G Suite web server. So I have to go in and archive messages on my web server or iPhone (it doesn't update the inbox there, either) to make the messages leave the inbox for real.

I have no similar issue deleting emails, just when I try to move them to folders - it applies the label/tag for that folder, but keeps the message in the inbox.

G Suite support has stated, after weeks and hours with them on the phone and on chat, that this is an Apple/Mac Mail issue and they can't help me further.

Apple Mail clients on MBP and iOS Slow to Sync with Google G Suite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.