Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note Disappeared While Inserting a Drawing

I had a note on my phone for a few months that I was updating on a regular basis.

Yesterday, I attempted to insert a photo, but accidentally chose the "Insert Drawing" option, which loaded the two lines where you can draw. That was not what I intended to do, so I tried to escape the drawing interface. I do not know what I tapped, but the Note disappeared.

When I opened Notes on my Mac, I saw the note for a split second, but as Notes finished syncing, the note disappeared from my Mac too, but did not appear in the deleted notes folder.

I tried searching for the note, using words I know where in the note, and nothing shows up. It is not in my deleted notes and it is not seen by "iMyFone Backup," which is an App that can restore deleted files on iOS.

The note is nowhere to be found. Short of resetting all content and restoring from a backup, I am at a lost.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6, Notes

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 2:23 PM in response to 0X4DBOY

Update:
I got a trial of iMyFone D-Back and ran it - iMyFone D-Back CAN see the missing note file in an iCloud backup, but not in the device backup.

I cannot seem to find the Note anywhere, so I am not sure how iMyFone D-Back can see it? I did not delete it, it just disappeared. For now, I have done a screen capture of the note, using iMyFone D-Back to scroll through the note - unfortunately I cannot copy and paste from iMyFone D-Back.

Note Disappeared While Inserting a Drawing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.