Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limited User Abilities: Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire

Greetings, I have been playing Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire on my Android phone, and recently decided to try playing it on the iPad 2. It has been noticed that under the Options menu within the game, there is no ability to select/deselect any of the checkboxes. As these options are devices specific, the inability to change any makes the game play limited. Also, it has been noticed that it is not possible to collect any of the rewards for the Quest. Simply, one cannot select the "Collect" button.

Since I am new to Apple devices and others on my team seem to have no issues playing on their iPhones, is this problem only with the iPad2? Is it possible to fix this problem thru the OS, or is it a problem on the App developer side? What steps can I take to repair these functions?

Thanks,

Mac

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:02 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:21 AM in response to MacGalempsy

It is probably your ipad or hte iOS your ipad is running. I dabbled with that game and had no problem collecting quest rewards. It is something you should take up with the developer. THey say it works with iOS8 or later so it should work on your 2.

Have you tried to force quit the game? Double tap the home button and flick the preview for the game off the screen. then single tap the home button to exit the mode and reopen the game.

Beyond that the developer will have to assist you I’m afraid.

Apr 3, 2018 3:39 AM in response to MacGalempsy

I am using an IPad 4 (latest Os) to play. Across the game the buttons are unresponsive. I have no working options checkboxes, no ability to reply or forward email and tasks stop responding after the first couple are complete. Have written many many times to MZ. Their response .. can't help you, won't help you .. your Apple device is inferior and inadequate to play our game .. it's Apple's fault .. you should buy an android device to continue. MZ know there is an incompatibility issue but will not address it. Instead they attack the Apple branch and device and blame this for the failure in the game on this system. Sorry it's not much help. I don't actually know what to do myself except give up playing the game.

Apr 3, 2018 4:03 AM in response to JDM2f

THen you will have to abandon the game. It is unfortunate however from the beginning, the burden is on apps to keep compatibility with Apples iOS, not the othe way around. If developers expect that to change then they are not very familiar with how Apple does things (and has always done things)

ANd honestly, from my personal POV, any developer that falls back on that kind of ‘its the other guys’ isnt one you want to deal with. If they can’t own their own issues then it’s not game you want to play. For better or worse, those kind of games are a dime a dozen in the app store so a replacement can be easy to find.

Limited User Abilities: Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.