Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini will not stay connected to my home WiFi after 5 minutes of no use. Help please.

My iPad mini will not stay connectedto my home WiFi. It was staying connected a couple days ago. All of sudden it stopped. It will only stay connected if I’m using the iPad. I had my home internet checked for problems. Everything else stays connected. just the iPad. Please help.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:40 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:32 PM in response to Cdhart61

Hey there, Cdhart61!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I'm understanding that your iPad mini doesn't seem to maintain connection with your home Wi-Fi network, even though other devices in the home have no issues. I need my iPad to connect to Wi-Fi most of the day, so I know it's important that it connects reliably. I'm happy to help!

The first recommendation I would make is to go through the steps outlined here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support .

I would also suggest removing all other devices from your network and connecting just the iPad mini. Some networks may limit the number of devices that can be connected at one time. This can result in devices added after that limit has been met to have trouble getting, and staying, connected. If the iPad mini has no trouble while the only device connected, try removing other devices from the network when not in use.

Have a good day!

My iPad mini will not stay connected to my home WiFi after 5 minutes of no use. Help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.