Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad has wifi issues - whole house loses wifi

I just bought a new Ipad wifi 9.7 and it is having wifi issues. It will connect to the internet for about 5 minutes and than it loses connection and every device in our house loses connection until I turn the ipad off. As soon as I turn the ipad off, everything in the house works perfectly until I turn the ipad back on and the cycle repeats. I've been trying for 2 days and seem to be stuck in this loop.

Should I return the ipad because I got a dud or is there something that I could do to fix this?

Thanks!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 7:01 AM

I just can't see why your iPad would stop other devices from accessing the internet in your home.

I would go to Settings > General > Erase > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Then try to connect to the iPad again

3 replies

New Ipad has wifi issues - whole house loses wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.