Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to place pdf files on desktop screen?

how can i change where pdf files will appear on the desktop screen? i would like them to appear in the right hand corner instead of the middle of my desktop screen.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 2, 2018 12:26 PM in response to charlespurin In response to charlespurin

Hi, charlespurin.

I see that you'd like to relocate the *.pdf files on the desktop of your Mac to the upper-right corner of the screen. I'm happy to help.

Mac Basics: Desktop -- Arrange your desktop as a grid and relocate the files to the upper-right corner.

Customize your desktop

User uploaded file

You can change the size of icons, arrange them in a grid, and set other preferences for items on your desktop by changing the view options on your desktop. To change your desktop view options, click the desktop, and then choose View > Show View Options from menu bar. You can try the different settings to see which ones you like—you will immediately see the effects of your changes.

Take care!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Mar 2, 2018 12:26 PM in response to charlespurin In response to charlespurin

Hi, charlespurin.

I see that you'd like to relocate the *.pdf files on the desktop of your Mac to the upper-right corner of the screen. I'm happy to help.

Mac Basics: Desktop -- Arrange your desktop as a grid and relocate the files to the upper-right corner.

Customize your desktop

User uploaded file

You can change the size of icons, arrange them in a grid, and set other preferences for items on your desktop by changing the view options on your desktop. To change your desktop view options, click the desktop, and then choose View > Show View Options from menu bar. You can try the different settings to see which ones you like—you will immediately see the effects of your changes.

Take care!

Mar 2, 2018 12:26 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 2, 2018 12:36 PM in response to becky_s22 In response to becky_s22

wow. really interesting option that you showed here. i like it especially how shows the number of items in a file.

it is a useful option. me, i found the pdfs that i make want to go to a folder position. when i moved my folder they went on the desktop screen to where the folder's old position was on the screen. i moved the folder again and the pdfs appeared in the next old position of the folder on the desktop screen. thank you for your answer this will be helpful to me because i have a small screen.

Mar 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: charlespurin

Question: how to place pdf files on desktop screen?