Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.13.3 MacBook Pro won´t update!

When trying to update from OS high Sierra 10.3.2 to the latest 10.3.3 my Macbook pro mid 2012 won´t do it.

First it says ”some updates need to finish dowloading before they are installed. Your computer will restart to complete the updates.” I press restart and it downloads, restarts and completes the installation but then .. ”updates not installed.´, some updates could not be installed automatically”. And nothing has happned. When trying to do it all over it downloads again! So where did the downloaded update go?? It disapeared?

I tried in safe mode but the same result.

Also tried installing high sierra again.

What can i try now?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:24 AM

14 replies

Mar 18, 2018 5:24 AM in response to dialabrain

@Manolis: tried that again (for the 2nd or 3rd time) and it made no difference. Both App store and manual updates fail.

@Dialabrain: Do you mean boot in Safe mode and then click "Update" ? I did that and it made no difference. Or should I press/hold the Shift key *during* the update? Haven't tried that yet.

Some "exciting" imagery:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

and... nothing

User uploaded file

(it usually stays like this for a bit, then informs me, for the 1,000th time, that there's a 10.13.3 available; I must have gone through this more than 20 times over the past 3 months - first with 10.13.2, now with 10.13.3).

Still on 10.13.1!

P.S. Thanks to both of you for suggestions, though.

Mar 3, 2018 12:01 AM in response to Kärnhus

Hi there,

Can you stop the updates from running, restart your Mac, then download one at a time?

They seem to be disabling one another and unable to finish bc they're constantly fighting with one another over who gets to download first or which one should be the priority.

The result ending in neither getting updated.

I'd try that first.

Also, if the App store won't download updates properly for you, always keep in mind you can get them directly from the apple.com site. I usually go straight there for updates.

10.13.3 MacBook Pro won´t update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.