Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access Safari on my iPad. Error  CodeHT204770This device has been locked due to suspicious activity. Contact Apple Support and Service. It then gives a number to call 888*******. Google that number and see that it is a scam. How do I get

When I try to access my Safar browser on my iPad I receive an error message which tells me to call an 888 number. I googled that number and see that it is a scam. How to I get rid of this and recover my ability to use Safari.

<Re-Titled by Host>

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:57 PM

Hi Jkrem32!

I understand that you're seeing an error message telling you to call a phone number in Safari, and I'm happy to help. Please try clearing your history and website data:

Erase your browsing history and data from iPad. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

Privacy and security

Cheers!
2 replies

Unable to access Safari on my iPad. Error  CodeHT204770This device has been locked due to suspicious activity. Contact Apple Support and Service. It then gives a number to call 888*******. Google that number and see that it is a scam. How do I get

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.