Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music plays in shuffle mode even when clicking Play in Iphone X

macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:49 AM

Hey there, andyneu.

I see that the Music application consistently shuffles the music you've selected to play. The issue is, you don't wish it to shuffle the songs. I'm happy to help.

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Open Now Playing on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone

When playing music on your iOS device or Android phone, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing. From the Now Playing screen, you can control playback or volume, turn on shuffle or repeat, download the song, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:49 AM in response to andyneu

Hey there, andyneu.

I see that the Music application consistently shuffles the music you've selected to play. The issue is, you don't wish it to shuffle the songs. I'm happy to help.

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Open Now Playing on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone

When playing music on your iOS device or Android phone, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing. From the Now Playing screen, you can control playback or volume, turn on shuffle or repeat, download the song, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.