Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I search my iPhone my contacts no longer show up. Once again Apple did something with the update.

So when I swipe right and get the search bar I get everything but what I want. My contacts no longer show up and I get some stock info which I never used to get. Sooo, what did they do now?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:35 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 12:41 PM in response to iphone text pictures

Hello iphone text pictures,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I was able to test this on my device running iOS 11.2.6 and iOS Search still shows results from contacts. I have a few things to help you check this out.

First, it may be related to the account you are using for your contacts. Before making any changes, I recommend making a backup of all your data on your device. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then, please take a look at this help article: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

There are lots of steps to start with, but then there is a section specific to checking your default account titled "Set iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders as your default". Verify the account that is set as your default and that it is connected properly.

If your default Contacts account is correct and you still have issues, since this only started after the update, I recommend reinstalling the iOS using iTunes. Again, please make sure your data is protected and you have a recent backup prior to reinstalling your iOS. Once your data is backed up, you can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

When I search my iPhone my contacts no longer show up. Once again Apple did something with the update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.