Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar app quits when adding new entry

The calendar app in my iPad keeps crashing/quitting when I add a new entry.

iPad Air 2, 128GB wifi, iOS 11.2.6 (did same with 11.2.5 and I think before but only in iOS 11)

Have tried force quitting calendar, rebooting iPad, updating OS - nothing works.

The event is there when I get back, but does it every time.

Note: Just found out - it does this with iCloud accounts only. Does not crash when adding to Google calendar or Exchange calendar

Ideas anyone?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6, (IPad Air 2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 6:08 PM

Hey there, mysceinceteacher!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that whenever you add an iCloud calendar event, the Calendar app becomes unresponsive and unexpectedly quits, even though the event does get saved. I'm happy to help!

I see you've already tried a few great steps, including force closing Calendar, restarting the iPad, and making sure the iOS was up to date. What I would recommend next would be to have you turn the iCloud Calendar off under Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Calendar. Then, restart your iPad ( Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ). Once the iPad is back on, turn Calendar back on and try adding a new iCloud Calendar event.

If you're still having trouble, please reach out to Apple Support directly for additional assistance. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support .

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 6:08 PM in response to myscienceteacher

Hey there, mysceinceteacher!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that whenever you add an iCloud calendar event, the Calendar app becomes unresponsive and unexpectedly quits, even though the event does get saved. I'm happy to help!

I see you've already tried a few great steps, including force closing Calendar, restarting the iPad, and making sure the iOS was up to date. What I would recommend next would be to have you turn the iCloud Calendar off under Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Calendar. Then, restart your iPad ( Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ). Once the iPad is back on, turn Calendar back on and try adding a new iCloud Calendar event.

If you're still having trouble, please reach out to Apple Support directly for additional assistance. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support .

Have a great day!

Calendar app quits when adding new entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.