Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo app

I have a album on my iPhone i created and Im trying to see the pictures on my iMac but when i open up the photos app on iMac it doesn't pop up or show?

iMac

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:54 PM

Do you have Settings > [username]> iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library turned on in your iPhone?

Are you running OS X Yosemite 10.3 or later with the Photos (not iPhoto) app on your Mac? Do you have Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Photos - Options > iCloud Photo Library turned on in your Mac?

More information: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 6:54 PM in response to jbusta

Do you have Settings > [username]> iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library turned on in your iPhone?

Are you running OS X Yosemite 10.3 or later with the Photos (not iPhoto) app on your Mac? Do you have Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Photos - Options > iCloud Photo Library turned on in your Mac?

More information: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2018 2:43 PM in response to jbusta

You can either use iCloud Photo to synchronize as was mentioned earlier, or — if you don't want to or cannot use iCloud to synchronize your photos — you can connect your iPhone to your iMac with a cable and then launch Photos and use that to import your photos into the Photos database on your iMac running macOS, and from there the usual use of iTunes can synchronize your photos library back to your iPhone when you next back up your iPhone to your iMac.

Photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.