Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Albums

I have a few albums in my Photo app (iPhone) that aren't recognized. It doesn't show a picture and says it contains 0 photos. When I try to sync with my macbook it also doesn't show this album. How do I fix this?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 4:40 AM

Did you recently delete any photos from your iPhone? if you delete a photo from the library, for example the Imports album, the photo will be removed from all other albums as well. Check, if your missing photos are still in the recently Deleted album. If yes, recover them to move them back to the albums.

Or did you hide any photos? That will hide them in the albums as well in the recent versions of iOS.

This link explains, how to check the Recently Deleted album:

Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2019 4:40 AM in response to Ali_sun

Did you recently delete any photos from your iPhone? if you delete a photo from the library, for example the Imports album, the photo will be removed from all other albums as well. Check, if your missing photos are still in the recently Deleted album. If yes, recover them to move them back to the albums.

Or did you hide any photos? That will hide them in the albums as well in the recent versions of iOS.

This link explains, how to check the Recently Deleted album:

Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

Mar 6, 2019 6:37 AM in response to léonie

I did delete some photos and also put everything on my Mac because I didn’t have enough space in ICloud. Maybe that sparked the issue. But the problem is, that if I make a new album and put photos in it, it shows it as an empty folder but shows the photos once I click on it. I’ve taken screenshots. The ‘example’ folder appears empty but contains photos.

Mar 6, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Ali_sun

I cannot reproduce the problem on my iPhone X.

Is there anything special about the items in the album "Example"? Have the photos been taken with the iPhone or synced to the iPhone? Are it normal JPEGs or have they been edited in external editors?

As a test, select the photos in the album and create a new album "Example2" from the photos. Does the new album show the correct number of photos?

Photo Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.