Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Registering an iPhone

can anybody help me with registering my husbands iphine? I don’t mnow how to do it even though Verizon told me my phone has been registered. I don’t remember doing that. He’s had his phone for 2 years. Help me!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:44 PM

You no longer have to register your iPhone. If your husband is signed into the iPhone with his Apple ID then it will show up in his Devices. A few years ago it was a different story as you could register but Apple discontinued that (I’m guessing because when people sell their device to someone else it’s complicated to reregister it to them) and now simply being signed into a device makes it “registered” to you though not in the sense you’re probably thinking.

Long story short, there is no way to register your device anymore. Just sign in with your Apple ID and you’re done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 11:44 PM in response to kerrifromzanesville

You no longer have to register your iPhone. If your husband is signed into the iPhone with his Apple ID then it will show up in his Devices. A few years ago it was a different story as you could register but Apple discontinued that (I’m guessing because when people sell their device to someone else it’s complicated to reregister it to them) and now simply being signed into a device makes it “registered” to you though not in the sense you’re probably thinking.

Long story short, there is no way to register your device anymore. Just sign in with your Apple ID and you’re done.

Mar 1, 2018 11:44 PM in response to earthhuman

Thank you for responding. Maybe I should say it this way. For the purpose of “finding” important texts from my husband, Verizon told me I could read text messages since the phones are in my name, I just have to register his phone first. That’s where I found out about registering. She said she made the changes to be able to rread them after I get that completed. Any ideas?

Registering an iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.