Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation of Yosemite fails

I am trying to install Yosemite on a MBP 17" from 2010.

I have erased the harddisc and and tried to install via wifi. The installer says that it can't approve the installation and I should try again – I have tried many time over 24 hours, and always the same.

The I have created a bootable USB installer, and now it says that the installer can't be checked and it might be broken or damaged. I then made a new USB, but still the same...

What should I do? Please help!

Kind regards,

Christian

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 6:03 AM

Problem solved! 🙂

I installed an OS X on an external harddrive, booted it up from the MBP and installed an OS X from there. I don't know why it worked, but I'm happy it did!

Thanks to everybody for helping me out 🙂

//Christian

9 replies

Mar 5, 2018 1:46 PM in response to chrills

Have you tried Internet Recovery? Have you run Disk Utility First Aid or Repair Disk?

Try booting into Internet Recovery (command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the newest OS that the computer is compatible with. Run Disk Utility First Aid or Repair Disk. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility. Then install the OS.When the computer restarts, you can use Setup Assistant to restore your data from Time Machine.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

Mar 5, 2018 2:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

Thanks for taking you time to help me !

1. I have now tried ethernet, and it's still the same...

2. I have also tried Diskmaker X, but it fails making the usb. I have used Terminal to create a bootable usb, and it went well, but the installation failed as mentioned earlier.

I really have no clue where the problem is, the MBP worked before I wiped it and tried to reinstall :-/

Mar 6, 2018 1:50 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric & co.

I have tried it all, expect that selecting GUID isn't an option in Disk Utility.

I have now tried to install Mavericks from a USB stick. Again I get this message when it's about to reboot:

"This copy of the application Mavericks can not be verified. It can be damaged or tried changed during the transfer".

Installation of Yosemite fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.