Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I say "HEY SIRI" all my devices ask questions .IE iPhone iPad Pro MacBook Pro how do I get around this ?

When I say "HEY SIRI" to home pod, all my devices ask questions I.E. iPhone,ipad pro,macbook pro. How can I get around this

HomePod, iOS 11.2.6, home pod

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:40 AM

6 replies

Mar 8, 2018 4:02 AM in response to turingtest2

This is actually an issue. You shouldn’t have to “turn off” hey siri on other devices. The way it’s supppsed to work, is when you say hey Siri, all devices within range communicate with each other via Bluetooth and if the HomePod is in range, it’s supposed to take priority. It seems to be an issue, as I opened a support case with Apple as the same thing is happening with my Apple Watch and my HomePod. Apple has spent about 5 callbacks with me, capturing logs on both my watch and my iPhone and is currently working on it. For the OP, make sure bluetooth is on, on all your devices is the best I can suggest, but it may continue until Apple releases a fix.

Mar 8, 2018 7:30 AM in response to Mchad65

I had the same problem. At first, all worked as expected, and siri answered on the device expected. Then, siri started always responding on the Homepod as well as the Apple device I was using. Then I tried specifying the device I wanted the response on. Using my Apple watch, I asked siri "set a timer for 4 minutes on the Apple watch". That fixed the problem. Now siri is once again functioning as expected.

When I say "HEY SIRI" all my devices ask questions .IE iPhone iPad Pro MacBook Pro how do I get around this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.