Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my school ID not eligible if I’ve never had Apple Music?

So i want to sign up for the college student $5 a month plan but when i tried to sign up it doesn’t let me use my school email address. No one knows my school email address other then my professors. I also tried to use a random email address to see if it would work and it worked but now, i don’t know how to take it back and use an actual email address.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:30 AM in response to rosilee

Hi there, rosilee.

I see that you'd like to subscribe to Apple Music using a Student subscription. The issue is, your school's email address isn't recognized. I'm happy to help.

Get an Apple Music Student subscription -- UNiDAYS validates that you and the school you're attending meet the requirements. The first footnote in the second section quoted below may also provide a clue.

If you're a student at a degree-granting university or college1, you can join Apple Music for a discounted membership price2 for up to 48 months (4 years). The time does not need to be continuous.

The Apple Music Student subscription is only available in certain countries and regions. Learn more about Apple Music availability.

Learn more about Apple Music and Apple Music pricing2.

Learn what to do if you already subscribe to Apple Music.

Apple Music features might vary by country or region.

About validation

When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS, a student validation service, confirms that you're enrolled in a degree-granting university or college1.

Periodically, UNiDAYS re-validates your student status. If UNiDAYS finds that you're no longer a student or if you have a Student subscription for a full 48 months, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music Individual subscription.

And

Get help with your UNiDAYS account

If you need help with your UNiDAYS account, contact UNiDAYS Support.

1 To qualify for an Apple Music Student Membership, you must be a student studying a bachelor degree, post-graduate degree, or equivalent Higher Education course at a University, College (US only) or Post-Secondary School (Canada only). Junior, technical colleges, and special courses are also eligible in Japan.

2 Pricing varies by country or region.

UNiDAYS Support |UNiDAYS -- Use this form to get support from UNiDAYS.

Take care!

Why is my school ID not eligible if I’ve never had Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.