Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost device but thieves managed to remove it from my devices' list

My phone got stolen, right in front of my eyes. (iPhone 7, 32GB, iOS 11)

Thieves, switched the phone off, minutes after taking it.
After enabling lost mode in "Find My iPhone" (via iCloud website) at some point in the day the Phone
got connected to internet, and sent the last known location.

Now here comes the strange part!

Not much time past, and noticed my iPhone wasn't showing up in the devices list, in "find my iPhone"

Now, when any action is taken to the phone (enabling-disabling "find my iPhone" for example)
or even just login in to iCloud, an automated mail is sent from apple, to notify u of these actions.
I got those emails, for: login in iCloud to get into "find my iPhone" website, and also when i enabled Lost Mode.
But there was no e-mail notification for taking the device off my devices list in "find my iPhone" website

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.5, find my iphone enebled

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:20 AM

The most likely explanation is that you got a message that was NOT from Apple, but was in fact a phishing message from the thief who had it. You followed a link in the message and logged into what you thought was your iCloud account, but in actuality, you gave the thief your iCloud credentials, allowing them to remove the activation lock.

Change your password immediately.

If that's what happened, there is no way to track the device any longer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 11:20 AM in response to mthandazo

The most likely explanation is that you got a message that was NOT from Apple, but was in fact a phishing message from the thief who had it. You followed a link in the message and logged into what you thought was your iCloud account, but in actuality, you gave the thief your iCloud credentials, allowing them to remove the activation lock.

Change your password immediately.

If that's what happened, there is no way to track the device any longer.

Lost device but thieves managed to remove it from my devices' list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.