Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virtual studio sessions over wifi?

I'm wondering if there is a way to have a virtual recording session over high speed internet. Ideally having the ability to see the other musician and discuss the project as though you're in the same studio. I would even need to record live, but to be able both hear clean audio that was at least close to in sync would be nice! Does such a thing exist yet? We've tried Gobbler and the the like but they have been nothing but buggy. Thanks.

Logic Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:46 AM

For the seeing each other part, Skype, FaceTime, etc.

For the recordable audio, check out Source Connect or ipDTL. Source Elements, maker of source connect has Source Connect Now that is free, it just lacks some of the fancier features. I'm about to check it out myself, so can't say for sure how it works, but check them all out and see what is best for you.

You just need to be careful about routing you audio. Your interface may do what you need, otherwise loopback from Rogue Amoeba may be what you need.

Good luck!

Steve

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 8:46 AM in response to springshoe

For the seeing each other part, Skype, FaceTime, etc.

For the recordable audio, check out Source Connect or ipDTL. Source Elements, maker of source connect has Source Connect Now that is free, it just lacks some of the fancier features. I'm about to check it out myself, so can't say for sure how it works, but check them all out and see what is best for you.

You just need to be careful about routing you audio. Your interface may do what you need, otherwise loopback from Rogue Amoeba may be what you need.

Good luck!

Steve

virtual studio sessions over wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.