Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO SOUND!!! HELP!!!

So i was just using Logic Pro X not too long ago with no problems. I open it up today and I'm getting absolutely no sound from my software instruments, as well as, my plugins such as Omnisphere. I haven't touched a single setting since the last time I opened it. Not really sure what's wrong. I have tried all remedies I could find on the internet with no luck. And just to add, I am a seasoned user of Logic Pro X so please don't advise me to check and see if my MUTE or SOLO buttons are on lol. This happens even when I start a new project...

Logic Pro X, iOS 11.2.6, Sound Issues

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:27 AM

9 replies

Mar 2, 2018 11:03 AM in response to YPAWalls

YPAWalls wrote:

The level meters do show signal but no sound so the cording is all good.

Eh, no. If Logic's level meters show level, if you have selected the correct outputs as main outputs and if you have no other software configuring your Focusrite or buttons that reroute or mute or otherwise route the outputs to somewhere you are not connected to, this would indicate that the cabling is not yet verified or: nothing in what you wrote indicates that the cables are allright. So, can you hear other sources through your Focusrite (that would indicate that the cables are indeed alright)? Alternatively, if you switch to your Macs built in audio, can you then hear it?

Mar 2, 2018 9:49 AM in response to YPAWalls

YPAWalls wrote:

I have tried all remedies I could find on the internet with no luck. And just to add, I am a seasoned user of Logic Pro X so please don't advise me to check and see if my MUTE or SOLO buttons are on

You do realise that this is not very useful (useless) information? It would help if you could list what you have actually done - none of us can magically see what you have researched or not. Except, I hope, Mute and Solo buttons.
1. Have you played sound through your interface from a different software? Does that work?

2. Do you listen via headphones? Monitors? Both? Have you checked all relevant cabling?

3. Have you checked Logic's Audio Device settings? Have you restarted coreaudio from it?

4. Do the level meters in Logic mixers show signal? What about ther output strip?

5. Have you tried restarting your Mac?

6. Is your audio interface listed in Audio MIDI Setup?

Mar 2, 2018 10:06 AM in response to Eriksimon

Yes I have restarted my computer. I have disabled and enabled my core audio. I’m listening through monitors via Focusrite 18i20. My audio interface was listed and the option it was on when I opened my audio preferences. The level meters do show signal but no sound so the cording is all good. And the only reason I said about the Mute anc Solo buttons was because everyone who had this problem in the past, most people kept replying check your channel strip for the Mute and Solo buttons...I’ve been searching for hours for answers and have found nothing

Mar 2, 2018 10:54 AM in response to YPAWalls

Did you upgrade the operating system, did you upgrade Logic. If you have automatic upgrades selected in the computer's System Preferences it's possible something was upgraded.

Logic's Preferences/Audio have both the INput Device and OUTput device set as Focusrite?

You've unplugged the interface rebooted, let it settle then plug the interface back in.

Mar 2, 2018 11:08 AM in response to Pancenter

I have had the latest upgrades installed for the OS and Logic for some time now. I literally was just using Logic last week with not a single problem or care in the world. Wake up today and there’s no sound.

Yes, in my preferences both my input and output say Focusrite. I have unplugged and rebooted my audio interface. I was literally watching a YouTube video right before I opened Logic so I know it’s working just fine.

Also, I’m not even getting sound out of my Mac built-in speakers. So that also further proves my audio interface is not the problem. And to go a step further, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Logic and it’s still the same problem

Now, I will say that I do get sound out of my DrumMachine plugin but all other software instruments (Alchemy, ES, Retro Synth) are all silent

Mar 2, 2018 11:17 AM in response to Eriksimon

I’m currently playing music through my interface so I know it’s working right. And I did unplug my Mac from the interface to try and use the built in speakers but still no good. I even went a step further and just recently uninstalled and reinstalled Logic completely and I’m still having the same issue.

Now I will say that I can hear my DrumMachine just fine but all other softwares (Alchemy, ES’s, Retro Synth, etc) are not working. And even my 3rd party plugins (Omnisphere, Kontakt) are not working...

still getting a signal as if I’m playing according to the mixer but no sound

NO SOUND!!! HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.