Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why movies size on store different from download?

I just purchased 'COCO' from iTunes Store and on store page it said the file size of 1080P is 4.12GB

But, When i download it to my computer the file size different from store page it's only 3.83GB ?

another Question, It is true that streaming playback give a higher bitrate than download?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 11:43 AM

Regarding your supplemental question see Find and watch movies with 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision - Apple Support. In particular the section Check your Internet connection which ends with:

You can download a local copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, and you might be able to download HDR and Dolby Vision versions to your iOS devices, but you can't download a 4K version.

I.e. the downloaded versions of 4K purchases are likely in HD not 4K. I doubt the store lists the sizes of the 4K streams.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2018 11:43 AM in response to Mr.M00N

Regarding your supplemental question see Find and watch movies with 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision - Apple Support. In particular the section Check your Internet connection which ends with:

You can download a local copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, and you might be able to download HDR and Dolby Vision versions to your iOS devices, but you can't download a 4K version.

I.e. the downloaded versions of 4K purchases are likely in HD not 4K. I doubt the store lists the sizes of the 4K streams.

tt2

Why movies size on store different from download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.