Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are my iphone backup files?

where are the iphone files I backed up with iTunes?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:48 PM

The thing is that there are some (actually many) files that one should not mess with. Examples are generally those files in the Library directory and its subdirectories. Apple may attach other structures to these files, and/or relocate these files or change their format in subsequent software releases. If you try to go around Apple's internal handling of these files, you are only inviting future problems.

If you have to know where the backup files are, simply open iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences > Devices from iTunes' menu, control-click on the iPhone backup listed there, and then click on "Reveal in Finder". But again, I caution you about doing this, moving or opening the files, etc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Elizabeth Kenny

The thing is that there are some (actually many) files that one should not mess with. Examples are generally those files in the Library directory and its subdirectories. Apple may attach other structures to these files, and/or relocate these files or change their format in subsequent software releases. If you try to go around Apple's internal handling of these files, you are only inviting future problems.

If you have to know where the backup files are, simply open iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences > Devices from iTunes' menu, control-click on the iPhone backup listed there, and then click on "Reveal in Finder". But again, I caution you about doing this, moving or opening the files, etc.

where are my iphone backup files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.