Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no aptx HD on Iphone - a big mistake

(FYI aptx HD is a compression codec that comes much closer than AAC to permitting CD quality sound to be transmitted over BT. A growing list of Headphone makers are adopting it.)

Perhaps 95% of users can't distinguish between AAC an aptx HD, but the other 5% sure can. They are likely prosperous consumers who have high performance audio in the home and what the same sound quality when not at home.

Apple thinks

90% of iphone users buy their music on I -Tunes which is only 320 kbs max, so aptx HD will make no difference

We don't give toss about the rest

Why spend $5 on a Qualcomm chip that only a few people will care about

Time to stop the bean counters running the show.

BUT why

Stay behind the curve when SAMSUNG and android are embracing apt x

Annoy a group of opinionated , financially comfortable, people, who want excellence, asn have bought into the Apple ecosystem

I will not buy a new iphone til they fix this. If they don't I'm going to Android for my next phone

ALSO, why let Tidal grab the market fro hi-res audio? Make music downloadable in lossless format. PLEASE!!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), Server

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:42 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 10:39 AM in response to Oliver Reid

This is a user-to-user technical support site, Apple is not listening to you hear. Go here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Not sure where you are but Apple is involved in a massive lawsuit with Qualcomm so don't look for them to spend an extra $5 or buy anything from them in the future. AptX has been around for awhile and the lack of it on iPhones doesn't appear to have slowed sales any. And Tidal is not growing so that market may not be sustainable.

Mar 3, 2018 11:43 AM in response to Oliver Reid

Apple thinks

90% of iphone users buy their music on I -Tunes which is only 320 kbs max, so aptx HD will make no difference

And you know this because....?

a group of opinionated

True dat.

If they don't I'm going to Android for my next phone

OK.

One should always use the product, service or tool that best serves their own needs.

PLEASE!!

As noted, to effect any change at all, you should provide feedback to Apple in the way they want.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

no aptx HD on Iphone - a big mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.