Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is unlocking Mac with Apple watch flaky for you?

After working for a while, unlocking my Mac with Apple watch stopped working. I was able to get it working again by spending a bunch of time fiddling with settings and rebooting everything again. Not sure what exactly worked. But then a few days later it stopped working again and hasn't worked even after updating all software and doing the reboots. I'm not going to bother trying to get it working again unless there is some known way of fixing this issue. Is anyone else experiencing problems getting this feature to work consistently?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), i7, 32GB, 1TB SSD

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:17 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 11, 2018 1:58 PM in response to nysus

I got it working again, at least for now, by unpairing and re-pairing the watch with the phone.

I also have the watch set to unlock my laptop. I am wondering if this could be the issue. Does anybody unlock more than one Mac with the watch? Does it work on all computers without a problem for you?

May 28, 2018 9:07 AM in response to nysus

I have the same problem with the new Apple three watch and a 2017 27 inch iMac. I follow all the instructions online and the watch unlocks the computer for a few hours or a day and then loses connection. When I go to the security and privacy system preference, the box to allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac is no longer checked. When I recheck the box it says I need to complete my iCloud sign-up and sends me to the iCloud system preference where I put in multiple passwords. But then in a short time I'm back where I started. So far AppleCare has not solved the problem.

Is unlocking Mac with Apple watch flaky for you?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.