Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail rejected by server iphone7 /11.2.6 Why?

For some months now i have had problems sending or forwarding emails from the Iphone 7 & Ipad air. I have also over combe the situation serveral times just for it to revert back to rejecting the sent mail. it is possibly a problem with me having 2 apple id@s but have not been able to prove that yet. If only i could amagmate the two accounts!

any thoughts please.

Bill Starey.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:18 PM

Your SMTP settings probably don't match what your ISP expects.

Mail has two parts to each mail account — one part with credentials for sending mail (SMTP), and a second and separate set of credentials for receiving and reading mail (IMAP or POP). Both of these accounts have to be configured correctly in your email client setup, with the correct host name, username, password, server port number, whether to use IMAP or POP, and the server-specific selection of SSL/TLS or cleartext messages. Your ISP will be able to provide you with the specific requirements. All of this stuff is server-specific. Most (but not all) ISPs will use the same account credentials for both, but all of the settings still have to be filled in and correct.

Here's a place to start troubleshooting: If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 1:18 PM in response to billstarey

Your SMTP settings probably don't match what your ISP expects.

Mail has two parts to each mail account — one part with credentials for sending mail (SMTP), and a second and separate set of credentials for receiving and reading mail (IMAP or POP). Both of these accounts have to be configured correctly in your email client setup, with the correct host name, username, password, server port number, whether to use IMAP or POP, and the server-specific selection of SSL/TLS or cleartext messages. Your ISP will be able to provide you with the specific requirements. All of this stuff is server-specific. Most (but not all) ISPs will use the same account credentials for both, but all of the settings still have to be filled in and correct.

Here's a place to start troubleshooting: If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Mail rejected by server iphone7 /11.2.6 Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.