Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages activation error

After updating my daughter's iPod, I can no longer sign into iMessages or FaceTime. The message I receive is "An error occurred during activation. Try again." I have tried checking my wifi, turning airplane mode on and off, I have even completely wiped the iPod and started over from "new". I am also unable to sign into iMessages on my Mac with her information. I have waited several days (it says to try waiting 24 hours), and still the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:21 PM

JaneneG wrote:

After updating my daughter's iPod, I can no longer sign into iMessages or FaceTime. The message I receive is "An error occurred during activation. Try again." I have tried checking my wifi, turning airplane mode on and off, I have even completely wiped the iPod and started over from "new". I am also unable to sign into iMessages on my Mac with her information. I have waited several days (it says to try waiting 24 hours), and still the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 2:21 PM in response to JaneneG

JaneneG wrote:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

iMessages activation error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.