Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod - PC Transfer not all Photos showing up

iPod touch (Model A1574), 32GB, Software iOS 11.2.6.

PC: Windows 7 OS, Windows 10 OS.

The problem: Connecting the iPod to PC via USB, to transfer videos/images off the device without iTunes installed. When the iPod is connected via USB/Unlocked, on the PC I get the "Allow this device to access photos and videos?" I hit Allow, then I traverse Windows Explorer > Apple iPod > Internal Storage > DCIM > 100APPLE > (Images/videos). Some times the images/videos would all show up normally. But other times, images/videos would be missing/hidden from the PC side but visible on the iPod. Please note, we are also trying to avoid wireless transfers (wifi, bluetooth, airdrop, etc.).

Temporary Fixes (some):

• Resetting Location and Privacy settings & other settings, re-plugging USB/unlocked & re-Allowing.
  • Reset the entire device, but device would go back to acting the same.
  • Testing/connecting to other PCs.
  • While connected to PC - take a new pictures/screenshot, refresh Windows Explorer. Some images/videos show up, not all.
  • While connected to PC - move/put image/videos in to new folders on the iPod.

Current Working Solution:

Install iTunes - (not signed in) > Connect iPod > Trust the Computer > Re-connect iPod > Access to all images/videos.

Where we want to be:

No iTunes installed > connect iPod (unlocked) > Allow iPod > traverse Windows Explorer > Download images/videos.

Questions:

• Is there a fix for this type of issue?
  • We've also done some testing, and noticed, images/videos (varying in size/lengths) would/wouldn't show up when trying to transfer via PC (without iTunes). No real pattern or cause. Is it possible it is a fault in the iOS Software / Hardware & the images/videos being recorded?

Example, 1 hour long videos would not show up, but a 10 minute video would appear. But the opposite would also be true.

iPod touch, iOS 10, Data Protection, Security, Encrypt

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:14 PM

There are no replies.

iPod - PC Transfer not all Photos showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.