Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does "Toast It" mean?

When I right-click on a CD on the Desktop, one of the options i "Toast It." I am trying without success to duplicate a CD and I am finding that the ways to do that in earlier OSs are gone or hidden. What does "Toast IT" mean? Is that a reference to the great, long-lamented app "Toast"? How can I duplicate a CD in the current Mac OS?

Thanks...

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:47 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 2, 2018 6:50 PM in response to CountryGirl56

For $100 when I dupe a CD once a year, Toast has become bloatware and is, effectively, gone. Still, what does "Toast IT" mean in the Mac OS? And how do we now get whatever app (Disk Utility, iTunes, Finder, ...) to copy an audio CD using my single Superdrive, so it will autoplay in a CD player like in my car?

Thanks again..

Mar 2, 2018 7:20 PM in response to alexander.carpenter

This machine has never had Toast on it. The last Time I used Toast was on a Mac II with OS 9-something on it.

Well, that's a tough upgrade path for it to survive all this time.

I'm surprised that it still works with it being written for an entirely different CPU. You should contact someone at Roxio as that is quite an amazing conundrum. However, I don't think Roxio had anything to do with the version written for OS 9.

What does "Toast It" mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.