Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer DVD hard drive.

What is the best way to get a region free DVD drive or player for my computer? I have DVDs from Australia, UK, and USA. As some of you guys know you can only set the region a number of times before it permanently locks it in to what ever the last region you used. I have a external one I tried to use and it was all in either Korean or Chinese so you don't know what you're about to download. I have a Dell desktop touch screen computer.😐

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 6:50 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 7:10 PM in response to robynfromgeneseo

I”m a bit rusty but I’m not sure if it’s the physical drive that needs its region changed, or the software you use to watch dvds.

If it works that way, you could have one drive and 3 different softwares/dvd players each set to a different region.

If it doesn’t then you could invest in 3 different physical drives, possibly from 3 different manufacturers, each to a different region.

You could also google region free dvd and see what adivce there is online. I once owned a region free desktop player and could play my region 1 and 2 discs in the same unit.

Computer DVD hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.