Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad Clicking Issues

I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro today and the clicking on the trackpad is very inconsistent. For instance, pressing near the edges of the pad almost always produces a louder click than pressing in the center. Sometimes the click is "soft" and feels normal but most of the time it feels harsh and the click is more prominent. I can click in the same spot near the middle 5 times in a row and I get a different click each time. My wife has the same MacBook Pro plus the Touch Bar and hers feels completely different.

I've played around with the trackpad settings (click pressure, force click, etc.) but nothing seems to work. I've also tried restarting and shutting down. Any other suggestions before I take it back to Apple for them to look at? I

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:54 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Trackpad Clicking Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.