Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Add an external Hard Drive via WiFi to a MacBook

I just bought a MacBook and a Western Digital Cloud Drive. I am trying to set up the Drive for all data storage. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), It is a WD cloud drive

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 6:47 AM

Is this the product you are talking about? If so, check out the user manuals near the bottom of the page: https://www.wdc.com/products/personal-cloud-storage/my-cloud.html

If you want your MacBook to remotely backup to the cloud drive, you'll need to tell Time Machine where to back up to. Once you've set up your cloud drive, open System Preferences, then choose Time Machine. Click on the lock, then enter your administer username and password. Check the box next to "Show Time Machine in menu bar" (for convenience), then click on Select Backup Disk. Your cloud drive should appear in the list. Select it, then log in using the account you created for the drive. Time Machine should soon start backing up to the disk.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 6:47 AM in response to NewDonHelpMe

Is this the product you are talking about? If so, check out the user manuals near the bottom of the page: https://www.wdc.com/products/personal-cloud-storage/my-cloud.html

If you want your MacBook to remotely backup to the cloud drive, you'll need to tell Time Machine where to back up to. Once you've set up your cloud drive, open System Preferences, then choose Time Machine. Click on the lock, then enter your administer username and password. Check the box next to "Show Time Machine in menu bar" (for convenience), then click on Select Backup Disk. Your cloud drive should appear in the list. Select it, then log in using the account you created for the drive. Time Machine should soon start backing up to the disk.

Hope this helps!

How do I Add an external Hard Drive via WiFi to a MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.