Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth will not pair computer and speaker

I'm running a MacBook Pro with 10.13.2.

I am trying to pair a Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker to the computer and nothing works. At one time the pairing was flawless and fast.

I've read several posts here in the forum which offer solutions but none of them have worked for me....including adding information in Terminal, keeping the SoundPrefs window open while trying to use the speaker, holding down the Bluetooth button on the speaker until a beep is heard. Nothing works!

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5 pairing with the speaker.

I also cannot connect my iPhone to the Network using Bluetooth. Does anyone have any real solution? This is extremely annoying at a time when you really want to use the speaker.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:27 PM

Delete com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. This file is found at Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences

https://christopher-parsons.com/solved-bluetooth-devices-not-connecting-to-osx/

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/pairing-and-connecting-to-a-mac-compu ter-soundlink-mobile.html

4 replies

Mar 3, 2018 5:14 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hi. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer this suggestion but it does not work either.

I deleted the pref and rebooted...

I browsed to the link you provided and followed it to the "t" and still no connection.

For a brief moment (1 second) the speaker shows "connected" but then it returns to "not connected". Meanwhile, the Bluetooth indicator on the Bose speaker, when turned on, flashes slowly and when I open the Bluetooth System Prefs it begins to flash rapidly as though it's trying to make the connection but no deal.

I'm having the same prob with my iPhone trying to connect to the Bose wireless speaker.

Again, thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Tony

Mar 3, 2018 6:26 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hey just a folo-up....

I don't know why I never thought of it but....after you led me to the Bose support area thru your link, I thought I'd rummage thru info there. I found a "software update" for the Bose speaker and thought "what the heck?" I downloaded it and voila...it works! I just never thought there'd be a software update on the Bose end.

Anyway...so it ends up you helped me quite a bit afterall by getting me on the Bose site!

Thanks again, Tony

Bluetooth will not pair computer and speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.