Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac screen goes black after exit cmd-f2

Hi, I purchased as indicated on the apple website a thunderlbolt cable to connect my 15 '' retina mackbook to my mac to extend the monitor on imac.

Clicking cmd f2 the monitor extends and everything seems ok, but once I finish the job I can no longer disable the extension because imac remains with black monitor.

and I have to restart with force to regain control.

I hope for your help ... I think I've tried them all and I have the same operating system on both.

or I have to ask for a reimbursement of the € 40 cable thunderlbolt at home apple 🙂

sorry for my English

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 2:11 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 6, 2018 1:29 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hi, it's thanks for the answer.

I followed the manual to the letter, and I can share the monitor of my MacBook Pro (retina, mid 2012) on my iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) without problems.

The problem is only at the exit from sharing.

The same cmd-f2 command that I use to share at the exit of the share does not work or better leaves the black iMac monitor. The iMac still looks turned on but the monitor is completely black and the only way is to restart the iMac.

Even if you unplug the cable as the article suggests nothing, iMac remains with the black screen. I'm sorry because I spent 40 euros of thumberbolt cable and I can not restart every time.

I hope for help.

sorry for my english and thanks again

Giuseppe

iMac screen goes black after exit cmd-f2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.