Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Sidebar in iTunes 12 (while in the Store)

In iTunes 12 (using MacBook) when in the music store how do I get the sidebar, its greyed out when I'm in the store (I'm a subscriber to Apple Music)?

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 5:42 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2018 8:59 PM in response to Paulm100

Do you mean that the option to use the side bar from the "view" tab is greyed out?
This would be because the new store in iTunes 12.7 does not have a side bar. Any music in your Library can be found in the "Library" Section of iTunes. This is located on the penultimate bar to the top of the itunes window (underneath your play/pause/skip ect. functions)

Does this help you find what you are looking for?

Mar 4, 2018 6:25 AM in response to Mason231

What I am trying to do is find a simple drag and drop way of building a playlist from the store. I know that there is supposed to be the 3 dots but I don't see this on my MacBook I do on my iPhone. So I thought if I could just get the sidebar to show while the main screen is in the store I could drag and drop to build a playlist. I see the interaction with the personal library and store was identified as an issue 2 years ago I'm not seeing a fix.

Viewing Sidebar in iTunes 12 (while in the Store)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.