Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graph heart rate not available in activity app

Hello all,

Today I went out for a work out with my brand new Apple watch (series 3; watchos 4.2.3) and iPhone 6 (iOS 11.2.6). I started an outdoor run with a 30:00 goal via the workout app and after ending it I checked the activity app on the iPhone to check my stats. Everything recorded well but unfortunately my heart rate was not recorded in a graph.

When I click the info button it gives me the message that the graph is not available. There heart rate has not been measured frequently enough. Make sure that the apple watch kan measure your heart rate and that the app has access to your heart rate via the settings on the watch or phone.

Now I find this odd. I assume that Apple's own work out and activity app has access to my heart rate data (something which I cannot change in the settings of the health app by the way).

The only thing I can imagine is that the watch is not able to record my heart rate continuously while it should. The sensors on the back of the watch are firmly placed against my wrist skin so a loose watch cannot be it. Shouldn't my heart rate be recorded continuously when my workout app is running and if not why not and what can be done about it?

Thanks for the help in advance and cheers,

Daniel W.

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:42 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 14, 2018 11:38 AM in response to danielwestdijk

You say the issue can't be that the watch band is too loose, but I'd suggest you try to tighten it anyway (if it's possible). I had the same issue - no heart rate chart in ~20 workouts. But then, before going running, I made the Sport Band one notch tighter than where I usually have it, and to my surprise, that did the trick.

Graph heart rate not available in activity app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.