Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate during workout

I have noticed in past couple of days that my watch 5 hasn’t been showing heart rate for quite sometime during walk and running workouts. It remains grey for more than 5 minutes, on and off for sometime and then it starts showing continuously. However, upon checking the heart rate graph on fitness app on phone post workout, the graph picks up only where it actually becomes visible on the watch during workout, that is well after five minutes of the start. Even as minimum and maximum rate is registered, I am sure this messes up average heart rate as well as subsequent calculations such as VO2Max.

I have already tried resetting the watch. And as I said, the heart rate does show consistently but only after a long time lag. However, other workouts such as Pilates or strength training regularly show heart rate unhindered right from the start!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 10:11 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 11, 2021 9:37 AM in response to PatrickDP

I tried all kind of things, but none was solving the problem in a consistent way. Some runs it was OK, during other run the same problem happened again:

• replaced the iwatch 4 by an iwatch 6
  • I also adjusted the band tighter
  • I activated the heartbeat app, waited until I saw the heartbeat appearing before I started the workout app
  • running without iphone, running with iphone

nothing seems to help!

Heart rate during workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.