Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Autopunch goes to infinity

The last couple of projects I've done I've turned on the autopunch and it scrolls forever off the right hand of the screen. It does not matter where I've set my end mark. I had the problem on 10.4.0 and still on 10.4.1. I'm having to open new projects since I can't seem to figure this out. Previously it had a brick-wall ending point where I had to manually extend it if needed before finishing the song.

Logic Pro X, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

OK. Thanks!

Posted on

Mar 3, 2018 3:31 PM in response to MightyCrunch In response to MightyCrunch

You can hold the shift key down and trim the right or left side of the auto punch.

a quick trick is to create a short cycle range and pull that down to the auto punch ruler - thereby setting the auto punch start and end to that of the cycle start/end. Then you can adjust from there......

Mar 3, 2018 3:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 3, 2018 7:11 PM in response to Indyuser In response to Indyuser

OK, I'll try doing that with the shift key next time it happens and see if it works. Thanks. Without it the end is off the screen and I can drag it forever but that didn't work. I tried using the cycle to see if it would adapt to that but it didn't.

Mar 3, 2018 7:11 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MightyCrunch

Question: Autopunch goes to infinity