Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get itunes to manually add or remove ringtones?

Hello! 😀

I'm having an issue with iTunes 12.7.3 on my Macbook Pro (OS X 10.13.3) doesn't seem to be changing any of my ringtones on my iPhone (iOS 11.2.6).

Since before the iTunes update on 12.7 I had added or removed custom ringtones through the iTunes library and synchronizing onto the iPhone. Since this last update I cannot seem to get the manual feature to work properly.

When I plug my phone into iTunes the phone appears underneath the libraries section on the left side, (also the small tap on the top left of iTunes where you can select specific parts of your library.) From there, I can add or remove ringtones and other media manually. I am not sure if I need to synchronize from here or not, but either way, the phone shows no response.

Currently, I have removed all of my custom ringtones on my phone through iTunes, yet my phone has no change and still has the old ringtones I had before even after synchronizing and ejecting.

Now I'm sitting here screaming "what in tarnation?!" in my head and collecting hugs from my girlfriend to keep me sane. 😝 I have no idea why my phone seems to not change or update when iTunes shows that changes are being made. Any idea on how to get the two to communicate and update together?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:00 PM

Create and manage ringtones in iTunes. - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12051 - including handling ringtones in iTunes 12.7 and later

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I get itunes to manually add or remove ringtones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.